Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 2 - White Balance

Week 2's assignment was to take at least three photos of the same thing, but with different white balance settings. I took four different photos of an apple using all of my camera's possible settings; this was great practice learning how to use white balance to create the best possible image.
 

The first photo is taken with my camera set to Auto. A little green-ish, but not too terrible.

 

The next was taken with the Indoor white balance. The blue tones make it look pretty dark and drab.





The next setting I used was Outdoor. Obviously this one is way too yellow.





The last one was taken with my camera's Custom setting. This one is my favorite, and by far the most accurate. I set the white balance by pointing the camera at a white object, and then, once I had set it, taking my photo of the apple.





I really enjoyed learning about using white balance, and getting to know my camera's settings a little better!
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment