Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Week 3 - Composition

We had three different photos to take for Week 3's homework. We learned about taking photos using pattern, point of view, and the rule of thirds. Here are the three photos I took using each of these techniques.


The first photo, using pattern, is of my chair. Moving in for a close-up of the detailing made for an interesting photo.





For the next photo we were supposed to shoot from a unique or interesting point of view. I took this one by sitting on our bench swing in our back yard, leaning backwards, and taking a photo of our neighbor's tree against the sky.
 


I took this last one using the rule of thirds. This is one of the orchards behind our church; I placed the tree in the foreground on the thirds line. The other rows of trees also help direct the eye through the photo.
 

I'm loving training my eye to see things I might normally miss, like interesting patterns or unusual viewpoints. Plus, it helps to run through these things in my mind before taking a photo; slowing down helps me to really think about getting the best shot possible.
~Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment